what we do
Isotropic super-finishing in depth analysis
Rollers and needle rollers are manufactured according to DIN 5402 in Bearings Steel AISI 52100 and in different type of execution provided:
- Round ends needle rollers – NRA
- Flat ends needle rollers – NRB
- Ground ends cylindrical rollers – TR
- Logarithmic profile cylindrical rollers – ZB
Furthermore, we have recently introduced in our production:
- Spherical rollers
- Conical rollers
Tridella’s rollers and needle rollers are available in the different precision grades requested by international norm: G1 / G2 / G5. Special production is also possible, according to the customer needs.
Our Balls Division is able to produce all diameters in mm from 1,5 to 110, and inches fractions (1/16, 1/4, 3/8 etc.) in Bearings Steel AISI 52100, AISI 1010, AISI 1085, stainless steel AISI 420 -C / 440 C / 304 / 316 in the different precision grades according to ISO 3290, DIN 5401 and the American ANSI / AFBMA.
The plant, thanks to its modern equipment is able to produce 200 tons of balls per month, so that we can easily and quickly satisfy all our customers’ needs.
Our sorting department is equipped with:
- High precision sorting machines for balls and rollers, capable to sort diameters up to 0,0005 mm groups and lengths up to 0,003 mm groups
- Optical sorting machines for rollers, able to sort 100% of the batch quantity, assuring the full quality conformity of the lots; this is a mandatory requirement for our AUTOMOTIVE customers
- Sorting machines for steel balls, capable to check 100% of the batch quantity, assuring the full quality conformity of the lots and a precision of 0,002 mm on diameters; this is a mandatory requirement for our AUTOMOTIVE customers
- Optical sorting machines with Eddy Current for balls and rollers, able to check 100% of the batch quantity, assuring the full quality conformity of the lots; this is a mandatory requirement for our AUTOMOTIVE customers and for rolling bearings manufacturers.
Our super-finishing department is able to fulfil the following works:
- Polishing and drying of all products, both balls and rollers, assuring the absolute cleaning of the surfaces
- Removal of every kind of surface defect, such as scratches, dents, rust, etc.
- ISOTROPIC super-finishing, to give the products’ surfaces the following benefits:
- Low roughness surfaces, with the consequent reduction of friction, energy consumption, noise and working temperature
- No pitting on the gears
- Increase of pieces’ life
- better lubrication
- Better stress properties
- Increase to the highest levels achievable by other processes of surface tension and mechanical resistance
- Remarkable final aesthetic effect, such as to justify, in some areas, the only treatment for this purpose
- Isotropic super-finishing, in-depth analysis (attached)